Help for Courses and Drills.

Soccer Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Poaching?

Listen mate

I see this all the time. Guys like him should be kicked out. He is almost certainly not qualified. If you consider the happiness of the boys first then the subject of poaching is totally irrelevant. Sign them on.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I currently coach an Under 11's team, during a recent game we scored what proved to be the winning goal at 2-1. It was a very tight game and was evenly contested. When we scored the opposing manager went beserk at this poor kid, screaming at him that he was solely responsible for the defeat. He cited that he turned his back at the key moment. I was appalled by this. At the end of the game I told him what I thought, he was not happy and said what the F*** has it got to do with me? So I told him that how will the boy learn to enjoy his football under those conditions, which again I received the same reply. When he had left I was approached by a set of opposition Parents who said they were impressed with what I had said, and if there sons could play for me next year. This leaves me in a predicament. As I dont want to poach, thats not my style. But these boys would be usefull acquistions for my team, so what do I do?