Return to Website

Football Coaching Courses

Help for Courses and Drills.

Soccer Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coaching in the USA

I'm going to the USA in July 2004 to work in the Summer Camps with MLS Camps (USA). From what they tell me it will be the experience of a lifetime, but other people I have spoken to who have been to the USA with other companies say that I could spend the whole time babysitting young kids who have never seen a football in their life before and that I won't gain any useful coaching experience at all. I am currently working towards my UEFA 'B' award. Can anyone who has experience of MLS Camps please drop me a line and let me know what they're really like (good or bad).

Re: Coaching in the USA

Hi, I worked for MLS Camps last year, although only as a PDO for the autumn, and I learned a huge amount about my coaching. I was coaching U6 right through to U18 in 1 community for nearly 2 months. I'm working for MLS again this year, leaving next week to start a spring PDO program then I'll have my 1st experience of summer camps this year too.
From what I've heard, you get some camps that are for kids who haven't played before and want to learn, but you get other camps like teams and schools whose coaches use a week-long camp for team performance training etc. I would say you're bound to get way more positives from the experience, as you're travelling around week by week and meet and work with so many different people, no 1 week's bound to be the same.
Good luck!

Re: Coaching in the USA

i have coached in the usa before with a comapany in new jersey. I had a friend go to england last week to do the induction course with mls, he said it was **** and pulled out of the job and got his money back, he said it was very childish. I was in new jersey for total of six months and at time it can feel like babysitting but u can learn so much. u will have good players and bad players but try and enjoy it and watch what the other coachs do with there kids.

Re: Re: Coaching in the USA

Do you learn how to spell in the USA in your spare time. If so maybe you should of taken the lessons.

In fact have you spelt your name right.. Are you sure it is Cocky and not **** head