Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upper Androscoggin River

Upper Androscoggin River Fishing Report
Water Temp 75.45 F Flow Rate 1019 CFS

I fished with a client trolling up in Rangeley and he caught a five-pound Salmon! It was his first Salmon. He lives in Briton, a country that offers some excellent trout and salmon fishing if you have the money to do it.
The fish for the middle class are Carp and Barbel , Big bottom feeders; every time I meet someone from other parts of the world I am more and more thankful I am From Maine!
The weather has been hot and dry and fishing has slowed down a lot.
The River has produced some good fish in the last month fishing at or after dawn and dark. The recent rain has been a blessing that has helped drop the water temp a bit. This has helped lower the stress level that the fish deal with.
I have taken some good Browns caught in the rain during the last few weeks. Some of the tributaries have dumped cool water into the river from isolated thunderstorms that may not of been noticed in the rest of the valley.
It is small things that can make all the difference this time of year.
“A man should believe in something...I believe I’ll go Fishing!”