Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updated reports for July

It's been hotter than the devil's den down here in the Southern part of the state. Fishing on rivers down here has slowed significantly.

Looking forward to coming back up to the area next weekend. My father and I enjoyed some great fishing in early June (nymphing) at Upper Dam. I understand they close the second gate after July 1st?

Any reports on the mid Magalloway, Kennebago, or Upper Dam areas? I'd love to think there's still some great dry fly fishing to be done before it gets too hot. Can't complain compared to the weather this time of the year last summer though!

Tight lines everybody..

Re: Updated reports for July

I guided on the Middle Magalloway yesterday.The water was a little warm but we found some fish,all brookies,and nothing over 14". Total of 11 fish. Kennegago quite warm havn't fished it for 3 weeks. Upper damm still producing some fish.
Brown drakes are hatching on Rangeley Lake NOW and probably on many other bodies of water.
Tight lines
RAY