Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fishing Rangeley lake

Greetings all,

We are going camping up in the Dallas area this weekend and will be bringing our 18CC to try for some salmon and trout on Rangeley Lake.

This will be our first time on the lake, and our first time fishing for salmon. I have a decent idea as what to use as far as lures but i want to see if the following setups will work for this time of year.

We will be trolling spoons and fly's using a 2.5oz in line trolling sinker on 6lb mono or 10lb super line. I have one rod that will handle a dipsy diver too. I have never used in line sinkers and am wondering if the setup will get the lures deep enough for this time of year.

Rather excited to get out and try this, i pass by the lake quite often as i work back behind Dallas every other week.

Also, where would a good location be to start? I have a good fish finder and i plan on putting in either at the boat launch in town or at the state park.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

Re: Fishing Rangeley lake

Richard, Either use lead core line or downriggers to get your lures down to 45 to 55 feet that has been the most productive area.Try DB smelt lures or sewn on bait these have been the best so far. If you put in at the town dock head for the big island and fish the 80 to 100 foot water.Also in front of the state park. good luck
Tight Lines
RAY

Re: Fishing Rangeley lake

Thanks for the info!

Hopefully i will be back monday to post some pictures.