Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magalloway flies

I am going to be going to Rangely in a few weeks and was wondering what flies i need to start tying for the Magalloway. (Ray) I am also interested in finding a stream and or brook closer to Pigeon cove on Rangely lake too. Hope all is well up there,Keith

Re: Magalloway flies

Keith, at the present there ia a dark caddis hatching on the Magalloway and also a small hendrickson. At times the fish are not coming up for them. Use. emergers or nymphs.
Tight lines
RAY

Thanx for the info on the flies Ray. Hope you guys are doing well up there see you in a few weeks i will come in and visit. Keith

So can anyone else give me any more info on some other streams or rivers to try? I have been doing the magalloway for the last 6 years and would love to try out some place different also. Trout and more trout,,,, WooHoo.. Thank you in advance, Keith