Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ICE OUT!

NOT Yet, Hopefully by April 14-18. Still 10"-12" of ice in Oquossoc cove,the coves have to break open before the ice can move.

Tight Lines
RAY3WVY

Re: ICE OUT!

Looking for an update on the ice conditions. our place is in Greenvale cove and it was starting to look pretty black when we were up this past weekend,do you know if there is any open water yet we do not want to miss ice out when it happens.

Thank you for any update

I'm going down to the lake to take a look now 8:30 A.M.Wednesday.I'll; let you know later.
Tight lines
Ray

As of 2pm today 4/7/10 Wednesday there is only about 200yards of ice out in Greenvale cove. You cant get a boat in until you get to Samoset another 1/2 mile up the cove.
Hope this helps.
Tight Lines
Ray

Just checking in to see if the ice has finally gone out yet. Any update would be great!!

Thank you
Mike

As of 3:30pm today Thursday 4/15/10 there is still quite a bit of ice. Greenvale cove has a number of cracks now and most of the ice is quite" rotten". I would say it will probably be fishable by this weehend only problem is we are going to get snow and rain,Fri. Sat. SUN.
Good luck with that.
Tight lines
RAYMA7