Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone have info. on the fishing at Rangeley Lake..

Can anyone give some advise on any info. that would help me enjoy a week of fishing at Rangeley Lake? I will begin fishing on Aug.5th for a week on the water. I have fished it before 4 or 5 years ago during this same week in August and used frozen smelt trolling 30 ft. down with downriggers..had a blast!!! How's the fishing been this year? any help would be greatly appriciated..Thanks, Bruce.

Re: anyone have info. on the fishing at Rangeley Lake..

Bruce,
You are doing the right thing for sure and you have had success in the past so you should be confident of catching some fish this August. I wouldn't hesitate to drop your bait even a little further, I caught a nice 18" trout last week @ 43 feet. Find the bait and stay on it.
See you out there,
Shaun Swain
Rangeley Lake Guide Service

Re: anyone have info. on the fishing at Rangeley Lake..

Hey Shaun what's the good word? Jim will be there on the 7/29 and I'll be following him in on 8/5. I just got an email from him today! We are both chomping at the bit. How has it been going up there. I come here every day now almost to see if you post anything. I should probably check out your web site. See you soon Bob