Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September Trout

Does anyone have possible fly selections for September 23rd weekend; remote ponds, etc.. My brothers and I have done a June trip for four years now and have finally talked the other half into a fall trip! Yeah! Anyway, just thought y'all might have a suggestion ot two for this time of year in some of the ponds. Much appreciated...FISH ON>>>>

Christopher Martin

Re: September Trout

go to www.flydealflies.com.... recently placed an order with them and they where perfectly willing to give any and all advice. ask for Roland

I personally like # 10 streamers and med nyphs.

Re: September Trout

I always bring a full selection of flies for my annual fall (Sept) Rangeley area fishing expedition. My preferred quarry is brook trout. Shortly after filling my vest fly patch with a wide assortment of what looked good at the moment, I tie on a Hornberg, size 6 or so, and the fishing suddenly gets wicked good. Last year I caught 10 brookies on my first 10 casts with a Hornberg. It was as if the fish saw me tying on that fly and started jumping into the boat.