Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling Rangeley

Great fishing and catching on Rangeley Lake the past two weeks. Action overall has been holding up very well trolling on the Lake. A lot of good brookies being caught as well as some large salmon. Last week I had the pleasure of fishing with Mike and his brother Steve and son Ryan. We caught and released 6 salmon in the morning with the largest being 4lbs even. Ryan went out alone the next evening for an hour before dinner to try his luck. He caught a beautiful 6.5 lb male salmon that fought him for 40 minutes before he netted it. This was an awesome story to hear when his father Steve called me with the news. I listened to Ryan relay the ”young man and the sea story” and his epic battle with the monster. I remember well the first BIG salmon I caught and how it felt to struggle with the weight of it in the net. I’m sure Ryan has the same memories now.
I can’t wait to get back out there and see what the next rod brings.
See you out there,
Shaun