Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Androscoggin River Report

Androscoggin River Report June 15
Water temp 65 Flow 8800 CFS

We have gone back and worth with the weather! I guided last week with the water temp @ 72 and the air temp 95 with 70% humidity. We caught one 12-inch Rainbow.
The next party I met early and the air temp was already 78. We opted to head down River for Smallies. They caught forty bass on flies. They were using weighted streamers
And in the afternoon when the western shore was shaded one client used poppers and had a blast working right up against the bank or rocks. There is not much that can compare with a big Smallies’ take on a popper. They “Savage” it with full force. There is no sipping for them!
My next party we fished the upper river and did well in the Rain. It was not fast fishing but they took a good 17-inch Rainbow with a wooly bugger fishing a seam line on an eddy. Later at the mouth of a good brook they picked up some 12 to 14 inch rainbows.

We didn’t pick up any Browns on the float. It’s funny how it goes sometimes with the Rainbows and Browns. One float you may get a mix, and other times it’s one or the other.
The rain and cool temps from this last storm event will help the fishing, I hope. Having mid summer heat, humidity, and high water temps is not what you want in the beginning of June.
If the cool weather hold a while we should see some decent fishing and some hatches.

“A Man should believe in something…I believe I’ll go Fishing!”