Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling Rangeley

Fishing on Rangeley has been productive overall with some great trophies caught.
A nine yr. old fisherman landed a 5.12lb.salmon in the morning and a 3.8lb. trout the same evening. The Salmon was a 5 yr stocked fish in excellent health. Monday morning we boated 8 salmon and kept one that was 3 lbs. Wednesday morning with Dave, Sue and Stan we caught and released 5 salmon with one weighing 4.12lbs and 23” long. Go to the photo gallery and check them out. http://pub27.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?album=3422&usernum=2258007074
On an evening trip with some guys from Lewiston we had doubles with two nice 3lb. salmon that kept us busy for quite awhile with the windy conditions and two fish that wouldn’t quit. The heat and humidity last week felt like July or August. The wind changed direction almost every day and one evening we were chased off the lake by lightning. The water has warmed some on the surface but the fish are still near the surface when the weather conditions are right.
See you out there,
Shaun

Re: Trolling Rangeley

Hey Shaun, Save some fish for when Patti, Cody and I come up later in the summer! Can't wait Bob

Hi Bob,
I look forward to seeing all of you in August. I really enjoy that week with all of us fishing out of Sam-O-Set everyday.
Take care,
Shaun

Hey Shaun, I don't know how often you get to check this, but I was wondering if you could post a new thread about the happenings on the lake. How is Jim doing so far? He is going to have the fish so confused. See you Saturday or whenever you are around! Bob