Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fly Fishing

We put some time in 2 days ago on a pond and were pleasantly suprised at the results. 15 to 18 brookies from 12" to 17" all on sinking lines. We had to work for our fish as the sun was bright and the temperature very warm. The water levels have come down on the rivers so that they are fishable and are producing some nice fish.
Tight lines
RAY

Re: Fly Fishing

Are you my old friend Ray Soriano formally of Quimby pond camps? I hope it is you and glad to see your still active in the sport if so.

It's no fun getting old, is it, (not that your old yet).

Sully

Re: getting old

Sully,
It's me,Ray of Quimby Pond Camps getting older by the secon. but still activly fly fishing and trolling and guiding. I hope I can continue to do so for a long time. Hope you are well and come back to Rangeley to fish. Quimby Pond is producing some large fish up to 20".
REGARDS
Ray

Hi Ray,

Good to hear it is you.

I'm coming up on Wed. 7/6 through Sun 7/10, mainly to hang around Kevins place, get sunburned, and do some fly fishing.

I'd like to see you again and spend some time on Quimby.

What are your rates for one and two people, for 1/2 day and a full day.

Thanks,

Sully

Sully
Contact me when you arrive in Rangeley.
y rates like everything else in Rangeley have gone up. 4 hours $175(1 or 2 people) 6 hours $240, 8 Hours $300. Caddis hatch is coming off as I write this .
I'd better go fish
Ray

Hi Ray,

It's Mark Sullivan. I am Ted Sullivan's son. Dad passed away 5/9/2011. I remember staying at Quimby pond back in the late 70's or early 80's. That was the place I first got my feet wet with fly fishing. I still come up there a couple of times a year in Phillips and make my way to Sarges when I come up. I remember having the best steak of my life at your place and will always remember it fondly. I am still very close to the Nortons. Floyd and Evelyn still look great. It was nice to see them this summer as they were up from Florida. I hope you get this message, as I see the last post was seven years ago. I hope to cross paths with you again. My cell is 781-603-7855. I would very much like to see you again.

Regards,

Mark Sullivan ( little Sully ) only 6'4" 350 lbs lol

HI Sully; Nice to hear from you and sorry to hear about your Dad.
Some how the dates on those reports got messed up, as I have been doing the reports for many years right up to the present. When tou are in Rangeley look me up.
Regards
Ray