Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June Brookies & Bows

Hello All,
I've never posted here but read you guy's postings religiously for 3 years or so. My brothers and I take the first weekend (3days) of June every year and flyfish (all but 1 of us) Oquossic-Rangeley-Wilson's Mills area. We typically will check out remote ponds and difficult access spots. One or two of us will always want to spin-fish, hence the reason for staying off the rivers, brooks, etc...as avid outdoorsmen, we have always played by the rules, limits, etc...
Anyway, we are set to go this year again, four of us, and were wondering if anyone had an "open" suggestion or two we might try; and how you think the ponds will fair with all the rain we've had.
Any tips would be appreciated, as this is a once a year thing for us to be all together, and the fishing doesn't really make the trip. but it sure makes the trip great!! As I previously mentioned, we all catch and release w/ single/barbless and take two trout each for dinner....

Thanks and Tight Lines!!

Chris Martin

Re: June Brookies & Bows

Chris,
I hope by the time you get here the rain has stopped. It has done nothing but rain ,our rivers, especially the dam controlled ones are not fishable. Upper Dam flowing at 2950cfs,Middle Dam at 5700cfs. Lower Magalaway just fishable at 500cfs. The ponds should be producing sub surface and also on our early midge hatch, and if it ever stops raining,there should be march browns, hendricksons and flying ants to come. Dragon flys usually hatch the first weekend of June.
Pray for sun and NO MOre Rain.
Tight lines
RAY

Re: June Brookies & Bows

Thanks for the input Ray, we really appreciate it! Like I said, this is an annual thing for us, a little good medicine; and we are responsible fisherman. Having guided in that region for some time, you may know my uncle, Carol Ware. He and his wife Lila run a business called Fins and Furs Adventures, and they used to guide for Bosebuck several years ago.
Thanks again, and great fishing!

Chris