Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling for Trout

A good amount of brook trout caught these past few days with one that became 15 year old Ryan’s one that got away story. He played the fish well and it was right behind the boat about 5 feet under the surface, the water was flat calm with the sun over my shoulder and I could see this fish perfectly. If this trout had risen to where I could have netted him things would have turned out different, instead he shook his head one more time and the hook flew by the bill of my hat. I have estimated a lot of fish and then verified by scale and this trout was a solid 4 lbs. We both watched him slowly return to the depths. We then went on to catch four more trout and a salmon as well. Another afternoon with Ray Cahill we landed several salmon and one nice trout that was 19” and weighed almost 3 lbs. Many other great days with youngsters and their parents proved very successful and enjoyable watching the kids catching their first Salmon. Go to the gallery and check out the photos.
See you out there,
Shaun