Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
androscoggin River Report

Androscoggin River Report Sept 4
Water temp 68 F flow rate 1730 CFS
The fishing of both Trout and Bass has been great, over all, this summer! I have had great days with clients taking thirty-five bass in the 2 to 3 pound range on a drift from Dixfield to the IP boat ramp. Every time I have fished for trout with clients they have taken some nice sized Rainbows or Browns.
Last week a client took a 20-inch Rainbow while fishing a riffle using an up and across cast with a weighted streamer. The big trout hit on the swing as the fly came up and away from bottom.
I believe that the rain and cool weather has been a boon for the fishing. This season is in stark contrast to the drought conditions the fish have had to deal with in recent years. Water temps have stayed low with the highest temp I have noted bring 75 F in the first part of August. This will hopefully mean all the fish will head into the stress of winter in great shape. With only better fishing to come.
On a personal note, the reason I have not been able to post reports in a timely fashion was because I have had on going problems with my computer dealing with spy ware and viruses. My drive has been reformatted twice in the last two months. I also completely ruptured my right Achilles tendon while trying to unload my drift boat a week ago and underwent surgery this past Wednesday. I don’t think there could be worse timing for an injury like this. I have had a great response from the area guides and close friends with offers to help any way they can. I am very grateful for this support! This injury will not stop me I will continue and get beyond this setback. “That which does not kill you makes you stronger!”

“A Man should believe in something…I believe I’ll go fishing!”