Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Androscoggin River Report

Androscoggin River Report
Water temp 70.3 F Flow Rate 1420 CFS @ Mead Westvaco in Rumford
This summer has been Fabulous for Both Trout and Bass fishing! People have told me about having the best Trout and Bass fishing on the Androscoggin they have ever had bar none.
Yesterday I took a party of six and we had a seventy Bass day. The largest was a 20-inch fish that weighed close to four pounds. I had two fathers and sons as well as two of the son’s friends. I had two fourteen year olds in my boat that had minimum fishing experience. Between the two they caught thirty-two Bass! This is a great day Bass fishing and I am not lying. There are several people who will tell you the same thing. This is true for the Trout fishing as well. The numbers are not as big, but still good fishing is available to those who now how to fish.
The biggest advantage this summer is the cool wet weather. This has dropped the water temp and, of course, the rain has kept the flow rates up. This has kept the trout fishing alive when in the past it would be all but non existent at this time of year. There should be no issue with temperature related stress as in past years. The fall fishing looks very bright indeed.. If the fall goes well we could be set up for an extraordinary season next year, but only time will tell.

“A man should believe in something…I believe I’ll go fishing!”