Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fly Fishing & Trolling

The trolling this season has had its excellent days and also some slow days. All in all it's been good with some very nice salmon in the 5lb. class and trout up to 4lb trolling on Rangeley Lake. The fly fishing has been excellent on the back in ponds. I visited a pond I had not fished for 12 years and was pleasantly surprised with 11 very nice brookies up to 17". Then another Day I fished my favorite pond and found the fish were down and went to sinking line and when I left the pond I had caught and releASED 22 BROOKIES THAT RANGED FROM 9" TO 16" A GREAT DAY. My remote pond for new fly fishermen has been a fun place to fish. On 1 trip I brought Kip there and between the two of us we caught and released 93 brookies!!! My next trip was with Joann also on her first fly fishing trip and it was a 72 fish morning.These remote ponds are an excellent way for a new flyfisher person to learn to cast, learn to hook a fish when it rises, and also learn how to properly release these fish unharmed using barbless hooks. It's a great day in the wilderness seeing wildlife and catching native brook trout.I also brought 2 11 year old boys there from our Jr. Guides program and just recieved a thank you note from them thanking me for a great time. They caught 18 trout.

Tight lines
RAY