Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Androscoggin River Report

Androscoggin River report July 27

With all the rain the fishing is holding up well for the end of July. I have talked with several people who have done well fishing the evenings above and below Rumford for trout. It is mostly browns below Rumford, but you can on occation pick up a Rainbow.
I have guided a lot for Bass with the on set of warm weather and have done very well either fishing spinners or Fly-fishing. Usually the spin fishing is faster by about two to one, but taking a three-pound Bass on a fly is a hoot!! On the best days clients have taken close to thirty Bass On a Fly!
I had clients from Texas last week that wanted to have some fun fly-fishing. They wanted to trout fish at first, but due to the time frame they had available (mid day) I suggested Bass fishing as the best chance for success. They Caught Bass from the time we put in the water till they finally quit at dark. The wife had caught the most, but her Husband caught the last fish, a 20.5-inch pig. The fishing had been so good they cancelled a dinner engagement to stay on the water! Now that’s the kind of day we all want.
“ A man should believe in something… I believe I’ll go fishing.”