Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Androscoggin river report

Androscoggin River Report July 20
I am sorry not to have posted reports in a timely fashion. My computer has fallen prey to spyware and ad ware. Unforturnately we are not alone at home, at least, as far as computers are concerned.
I have been fishing lately for bass and have had some extraordinary Fishing.
A party of clients this past Saturday caught 40 bass and had Eighty strikes. the majority of fish were over two pounds or better. We were fishing below Dixfield and had the river to our selves till seven pm when four guys in canoes came up behind us. In talking to them we learned that they had just as good of fishing as we did. It didn't matter what you had on. I think a dirty sock would of worked!!!
The best thing about this summer is the rain. The river has a good flow and water temps are cooler than the past summers of drought. I don't think one will find a better summer to fish regardless of what you go after. Trout or Bass. I will guide clients in two days on the upper river for trout so we'll see how that goes.