Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maine's Upper Androscoggin River

Maine’s Upper Androscoggin River Report
Water Temp 59.7 flow Rate 2440 CFS @ Mead Westvaco In Rumford.
This past week of Guiding was excellent! Not so much because the fishing was good, but because the time spent on the water with the clients was so good.
My clients took some nice fish. One a big Rainbow 20 inches long that fell to a big streamer fished along a seam line in an eddy. They took some mid sized Browns that added to the mix as well. We found a fat Hen Brown about 19 inches lying dead in an eddy against shore. She hadn’t been dead long. A few days maybe, and with no way of telling why she died. Regardless nothing lives forever. I just hope she got to pass on her seed. . She was a real beauty! I put her up on shore so that a raccoon or some other predator could help finish the cycle of life for her.
The good part of the week was that every day we were the only ones on the water and saw Eagles soar low over the river against a backdrop of scarlet and gold colors on the sun dappled Ridges.
One day we saw a fast stepping big eight-point Buck working a rub line along the riverbank with out a clue that we were there. I got video footage of the buck as we drifted by and he finally did see us, but he never moved and went back to his very important business. I think he was focused on the up coming rut and the HOT dates that will be as sure a thing as one can get! If you get lucky and I mean REALLY LUCKY for only two months out of the year who can blame him for being distracted. Now that I think of it he probably gets it more than the rest of us do in a year.... ****!
As I get older and some would say, not much wiser. These are the types of days that become the important part of guiding. Goods days had by all. That is why I Guide and why I love my job!
“A man should believe in something.... I believe I’ll go Fishing!”