Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of season

What a great way to end the season!!!! The September fishing was the best I have seen in 15 to 20 years. The rivers produced Salmon to 7lbs.(26") and Brook trout to 5lbs.(22"). These fish were caught with everything from large streamers to nymphs to wolly buggers to size 18 drys. The weather was perfect and with the foliage changing and the water conditions just about perfect it made for a storybook ending. It's sad to see the season come to an end on the major rivers and lakes but there is still a lot of fishing to be had. Upper Dam,the Rangeley River, Souith Branch of the Dead and about 25 ponds are open to fishing thru October. All are catch and release. October starts bird season what better way to spend a day than fish part of the day and bird hunt the other part, thats probably what I will be doing. Have a great winter and I'll have more fishing reports next spring. Bird hunting, moose hunting and deer hunting is next. Rough life!! Til next time --------------------- Tight Lines
Ray