Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
September fishing & upcoming hunting seasons

September fly Fishing on the rivers has started in good shape with my favorite river starting to produce some really nice( up to 17") brookies all colored up and starting their anual spawning run. A friend and I fished 1 evening and in 2&1/2 hours landed and realeased 14 beautiful fish,2 days later in the same spot we only caught 3 fish and really had to work hard for them, which means that particular run of fish has probably gone up river and we have to wait for new fish to come in.It's worth the wait.
If you check further down into this forum you will see my last years hunting reports for moose birds and deer. The hunting seasons are upon us and I'm ready to change hats before to long, so if your are thinking about hunting get in touch.
Tight lines
RAY