Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hot Fishing!!!

As the subject would suggest, things have really turned the corner. There continue to be decent small dark mayflies of the Hendrickson type, as well as growing numbers of caddis around the region. Folks fishing the Kennebago recently have been treated to one of those rare summer surges of fish in the river, and it has been incredibly productive. I know everyone thinks they've endured miserable rain for weeks, but we haven't, save for a nice amount last weekend that brought these fish in. We really haven't gotten what we need so bear with me if I suggest the need for more here. It won't spoil your fishing and it will mean more fishing for a longer time. Quimby Pond appears ready to light up with the big Zebra Caddis hatch, if you've been there you know the one I'm refering to. I also had an area guide mention some Drakes hatching in the Kennebago area, probably those notable ponds at the headwaters. Upper Dam has had big flows for a few days over the last weekend, and now reduced to 300 cfs, it has fished exceptionally well. All in all, if I were you, I'd get here SOON. I anticipate some great fishing with projected warmth after the weekend, but if we don't get some additional rain, it's hard to say for how long. Hope to see you all soon.