Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling Rangeley

I have had some great fishing lately and some great people to share it with.

A lot of high sun and flat water on the days that I have fished, although it’s nice not to have to fight the wind while trolling it usually keeps the total catch down.

This was not the case on Saturday morning as I fished with two great guys from southern Maine. We ended the morning with 10 salmon and a few more that got away as well. We released all but two they took home for dinner. Their photos are in the gallery, have a look.

Another day with my oldest client,(Jack is 90 yrs and still fishing) Jack and Ken spent one beautiful morning trolling with me and we caught 6 salmon that morning and kept two. One was 2lbs and the other was 2.5 A good sign I have noticed is the hatchery fish from last years stocking are running an average of 14” and about 16 to 18 oz. I did record one that was 16” and weighed 1.25 lbs. This is excellent growth and encouraging to see the management decisions for the Lake to bear such good fruit.

Jim Hardiman from Mass. returned for a morning and we caught and released all our fish. Jim was fortunate to get a six pound male last fall, a truly perfect specimen that was perfectly proportioned. He was trying to best his record of six pounds, and Rangeley lake is the place to do it.

See you out there,

Shaun