Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
upper Androscoggin River

Upper Androscoggin River report

Flow rate 2384 CFS water temp 63.96 @ Mead Westvaco in Rumford.

I am sorry for not keeping up with current reports but I have been very busy. I am now an Orvis endorsed guide as well as a Licensed New Hampshire Guide.

The river on the upper section around bethel started out slow but has produced some excellent Browns since my last report. Most are coming on streamers and wets fished deep. One party reported

a 22-inch brown taken below Rumford last week. Fishing a crank-bait for Bass!

The fishing should just get better and better for the next month or so. Look for a Hendrickson hatch now.

With Caddis being very numerous. I saw hundreds of caddis littering the bottom of every pool and run when I was fishing with Bill Bullock, The Orvis rep.

Every thing I hear from the Biologists is that the river has yet to reach it’s full potential in regards to carrying capacity of game fish! The new regulations are now in place, which should help to maintain the Rainbow and Brown Trout fishery.

The most important thing to remember is that even though the Water is much cleaner the sediments still contain high levels of PCB’s and Dioxin and the food chain including the big fish are contaminated! It took a hundred years to screw it up and it will take that long to clean it up!

“A man should believe in something. I believe I will go fishing!”