Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Region Deer Hunting

As the deer season started today for Maine residents, we were greeted with 11 degree temperatures and depending on where you hunted, from 2 to 6 inches of snow. Winter conditions we haven't seen for a number of years, and as usual after a new snow the deer were hard to find. Very little morning sign as the deer did not move. I will be guiding for the next 4 weeks and I will keep everyone informed as the season progresses.

Eat what you shoot!

Ray

Re: Rangeley Region Deer Hunting

Ray,

Thank you for the update, anything happening the last week?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

As the deer season started today for Maine residents, we were greeted with 11 degree temperatures and depending on where you hunted, from 2 to 6 inches of snow. Winter conditions we haven't seen for a number of years, and as usual after a new snow the deer were hard to find. Very little morning sign as the deer did not move. I will be guiding for the next 4 weeks and I will keep everyone informed as the season progresses.

Eat what you shoot!

Ray