Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bird Hunting

The day after our moose hunt I guided Bob Durham from Pennsylvania for some bird hunting. Bob brought along his 3 year old Setter. A very nice dog that had hunted many pheasants with good results but found handling grouse a little different. We did manage to put up 17 grouse in 2 days, killing 5. The leafs are still holding on and the shooting has been anything but easy. This week I hunted with Harry Friel, his two sons Mark and Peter, and his son-in-law, Chris. The boys hunted for 2 days and we moved 21 grouse and killed 3. These boys were good shooters but they had not hunted grouse before and with all the foliage still holding on, found it difficult. On Wednesday I hunted with Harry alone as the boys had to return back to work. We hunted for 2 hours flushing a covey of 5 grouse . Harry did some good shooting dropping 2 of the 5 birds. We also flushed 3 woodcock but they are still flying. Pictures to follow.

Eat what you shoot!

Ray