Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
end of season for Rangeley Lake guide service

Please forgive me for being so slack about my fish reports, when not on the water I have been working on the camp trying to accomplish goals before the snow flies.

My time on the water the last few weeks has been very productive, I have fished with returning clients for multiple day trips and caught and released a lot of dark Male Salmon all kyped up. Many in the 3.5 to 4.4 lb range that are 99 and 2000 hatchery fish, these fish were all very healthy. The fall fishing this year was a mix of summer and fall, which means I caught fish from the surface down to 50 feet in the same day. The warm weather didn’t cool the water as much as usual and of course the rains were very limited. The good news for lake fishing was the wind didn’t blow that much and I was able to fish every day the last 10 days and we seemed to fall into a pattern of 4-6 fish in the morning and about the same in the evening. I am putting up my last 6 photos in the gallery so go and take a peek at them. Next week I will put up some hunting photos as well.

I would like to thank all my clients new and old for the great time on the water sharing the fantastic fishery that Rangeley has to offer; I look forward to seeing you all again next season. It is truly a blessing to me to provide this service and get such enjoyment out of my ” WORK “.