Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of Season Fishing Report

This will be my last fishing report for 2002. The largest salmon of the season was caught by a fly fisherman the last week of the season off the Oquossoc Screen it weighed 8 lbs., 11 ounces...a beautiful male salmon that some how escaped all the lures and bait that the trolling fishermen threw at him. The final week of the season was a good one for stream fishing, many nice salmon and trout were caught and released on the Kennebago, Rapid, Magalloway upper and lower,and Cupsuptic. A nice ending to a somewhat on again off again year of fishing. If we would have had more rain during the summer months I'm sure the fishing would have been more consistant. I hope everyone has a good fall and winter and think FISH.

Tight Lines, RAY