Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

I have to say the fishing has definitely been work, but then again, I really like this kind of work. We got a couple inches of rain last Sun/Mon and the Kennebago benefited immediately. They also have pulled a board or two off the dam at Kennebago Lake and that has likewise helped move some nice fish. With the prospect for some additional rain Sun/Mon again, we may finally have a topnotch week of fishing.

I went to the Magalloway with friend Bob A. on Tuesday evening and we both caught four fish. His were all salmon on a variety of approaches - streamer-nymph-dry - while mine were three brook trout 12-14" and a 16" salmon, all on my beloved CDC caddis patterns. Bob fished all week and got fish every day, but he reports you will work on the Magalloway with the flows still at 620cfs.

I can't imagine why everyone shouldn't try to get a day or two in this final "regular season" week, but if you somehow miss out, remember that we still have some wonderful October fishing that has been greatly expanded around the area.

Re: No Subject

Hi Chris

I read your reports and enjoy them very much but when you mention the Magalloway do you mean the upper or the lower meaning The Warden's pool? I will be coming up next week-end and will stop in to see you.

Thank you

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have to say the fishing has definitely been work, but then again, I really like this kind of work. We got a couple inches of rain last Sun/Mon and the Kennebago benefited immediately. They also have pulled a board or two off the dam at Kennebago Lake and that has likewise helped move some nice fish. With the prospect for some additional rain Sun/Mon again, we may finally have a topnotch week of fishing.

I went to the Magalloway with friend Bob A. on Tuesday evening and we both caught four fish. His were all salmon on a variety of approaches - streamer-nymph-dry - while mine were three brook trout 12-14" and a 16" salmon, all on my beloved CDC caddis patterns. Bob fished all week and got fish every day, but he reports you will work on the Magalloway with the flows still at 620cfs.

I can't imagine why everyone shouldn't try to get a day or two in this final "regular season" week, but if you somehow miss out, remember that we still have some wonderful October fishing that has been greatly expanded around the area.