Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Rangeley Area Fishing

I've been reading your reports and enjoy them very much. I've been coming up to the Rangely area for close to 15 years

we been staying at our friend's B&B in Oqassic, the Horsefeathers. Unfortunatley they have just sold the place so we are staying next door. We usually come up in the spring and fall if we can. We will be coming up the last weekend of Sept. so I hope you get some rain before then. We were up last fall and the water was low. I will keep watching your reports and any info you can give on the rivers and what the fish might be taking as far as flies go it would be great. Have a great day and good luck the rest of the year.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Monday was a great day for new fly fisherman! Monday a.m. I gave a fly fishing lesson to brand new fly fisherperson Lawanna. Then we proceeded to the Magalloway River where she caught her first trout on a fly rod, a beautiful 18" male brook trout which was released unharmed.

In the afternoon, I gave another lesson to another brand new fisherman, Dr. Fritz from Rhode Island. We went back to the Magalloway River and he to caught HIS first fish on a fly rod, a beautiful 16" brookie. Must have been "lucky Monday" for two brand new fly fishermen, who are now really hooked!

On Wednesday we fished with Dick Hnat from Florida at Upper Dam and proceeded to catch some average size brookies, 12-13 inches. It was a nice day at a great spot. On Thursday I fished with Joe from California and his father-in-law, Richard from Wayne, ME. We fished on Rangeley Lake, the fishing was a bit slow, but we did manage 3 brook trout.

The rivers are getting lower and lower. We sure need rain to get the fish to move.

Pray for RAIN! Tight lines, Ray