Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maine's upper Androscoggin River

Maine’s upper Androscoggin River Report

Water Temp 69.5 F Flow Rate 1347 C.F. @ Mead Westvaco in Rumford.

I have a one Man pontoon boat that I fish with when I get a chance to do a little fishing for my self. It’s light and easy to row with an anchor pulley system built in! It makes a great fishing platform to work rivers or ponds that a regular watercraft would be choir to handle alone.

The river is producing some nice fish both Trout and Bass. The hard part is working the right spots to get into the bigger fish. There are a number of long runs that are holding big fish right now and the fish aren’t coming onto the feed. The water temp is the big issue. I had some great fishing during the last rain and watched the water temp drop three degrees. Now we’re back in hot weather with the water temperature climbing. The key to success for the short term is persistence. Fish early, fish late, and fish deep. One of the good things right now is one can wade a lot more water without having to hopscotch down or up river.

Sooner or later cold will set in and the fun will begin in earnest. When the water temp drops into the “golden fifties” fishing will be prime.

“A man should believe in something… I believe I’ll go fishing!”