Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Subject

It's definitely not as good as I had hoped, but the other side of that is people ARE catching fish. I tried the upper Kennebago and lower Cupsuptic Rivers last Monday, and frankly saw no reason for fish to move into those areas. Two steady patrons tried the lower Kennebago around Steep Bank Pool Thursday - Saturday and did get a number of fish on small dries, mostly decent brook trout and small/juvenile salmon.

The flows at Upper, Middle, and Aziscohos dams have all been at 600 - 650cfs, which means excellent opportunities at each. The Magalloway will be the most challenging at that level, so come prepared with ways to "get down" if you want to fish close to the hydro. The approach to each will vary with every person you talk to, so take the whole arsenal, unless you've got that special something fly that you just know will work.

Again, the forecast for somewhere around Tuesday/Wednesday calls for a chance of precipitation. As always I'll hope for the best, accept less, and just enjoy whatever fishing happens.