Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Lake Fishing

This week has been a mixed bag of some good days and some not so good days. Rangeley Lake has been a bit fickle, with reports coming in from other fisherman that the fishing is really slow and others saying that they are having good fishing. I fished with some returning clients this week. Mike from Rhode Island and Dick and Sylvia from Florida one morning was great with 9 trout and salmon being caught and released the other was a 1 fish morning. I also fished with Gary and his family for a 3 fish morning and Grechen and her family and had a good evening. 5 fish being caught and released. One morning I took a busmans holiday and fished with Good friend Tony from N.H., we fished on his boat and had a fairly slow morning. We caught 4 fish. 3 salmon and 1 trout and I managed to land a beautiful 23 1/2 inch female salmon that we estimated at 5 lb. All fish were released unharmed. Just a reminder to all guides fishing Rangeley Lake...your clients can leave the lake with only 1 salmon each! Let's keep some fish for the future!

Tight lines, RAY