Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Area Fishing

A few people catching a lot of fish. Sound good? It could, make that should, be you!! I suspect that this will be the trend for this month, but if anyone was wondering, I'd say pack a rod and take a break. I know there are still some Drake and Hex hatching on the bigger lakes or higher mountain ponds. I've plucked several off my front steps over the last couple days. Needless to say, there are still abundant caddis hatches happening across the region, and plentiful adult stoneflies as well. There continues to be some scattered sulphur/cream mayflies (14 - 16's) and I've had several folks who have done very well on the trusty old mosquito. With the prediction for a snap in the weather, back to daytime 70's and nights in the upper 40's and low 50's there should be substantial fishing opportunities. It's the time of year, for those most familiar with August, that gets referred to as "fly box season." The intended message is that in addition to good hatches this year, there are growing numbers of terrestial insects, like ants (all over my yard) and grass hoppers, that will prove highly effective along river banks. Have a nice week, and long lines to all.