Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Consistent lake action

The lake surface has finally reached the 70 degreee mark and the fish we have taken are from 35 to 5o feet deep. Lots of action on Mooselookmeguntic lake this week with a couple of reasonable evenings on Rangeley.The 2 previous weeks I had very busy schedules of fly fishing guests who also had lots of tight lines at the local rivers. the ponds are quite warm now and the most successful approach is to find the spring holes and fish with wet flys and a sinking line. I fully expect the lake action to remain consistent through August at which point the trout and salmon will begin responding to their need to travel upstream to spawn, then the river action will pick up ( given that the rain swells the rivers ). Please drop me a note if you think I might help you too enjoy Rangeley's wonderful fishery.