Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Lake Fishing

Rangeley Lake is producing some very nice fish at this time as the water has warmed putting the fish in a very definite thermocline where they are feeding quite agressively now. On Friday a.m. I fished with Lynn and Dick Goodman, taught them how to operate their new boat and downrigger. It was a

productive 2 hours as Lynn caught a nice 2 1/2 lb. salmon and Dick caught one that was 20" and 3 1/4 lb. Every one was happy and then the wind came up and we returned to their dock. That evening I fished with Chrissie from California and Maine. She is a very good fly caster and was rewarded

with 2 Brook trout the first was 17" and in the 2 1/4 lb. range. The 2nd one has a story to go with it, as she was casting her new Sage rod snapped and as it did a nice fish came up and missed her fly. We discarded the broken top half of the rod and she made one more cast, and as she started her

retrieve, a really nice fish hit her fly and the battle was on with half a rod. To make a long story short, she landed a 19 1/2", 3 1/2 lb. male brook trout. After much laughter and suprise we realeased this fish as we did the other one. The next morning in a different area she managed to flycast to some nice salmon, landing and releasing two. All in all it was a succesful week of fishing.

Tight lines, Ray

Re: Rangeley Lake Fishing

Hi,

I am going to be in Upton Maine from late Thursday evening through Sunday morning and would like to do some fly fishing or lake fishing with a guide who knows the area well. I have fished the Kenebago river on my own a few years ago with great success on dry flies. I will be with my family this time and would like to get away and fish. Are you interested in guiding me? Please send me an e-mail with details...

Craig Moore

413-535-4264

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Rangeley Lake is producing some very nice fish at this time as the water has warmed putting the fish in a very definite thermocline where they are feeding quite agressively now. On Friday a.m. I fished with Lynn and Dick Goodman, taught them how to operate their new boat and downrigger. It was a

productive 2 hours as Lynn caught a nice 2 1/2 lb. salmon and Dick caught one that was 20" and 3 1/4 lb. Every one was happy and then the wind came up and we returned to their dock. That evening I fished with Chrissie from California and Maine. She is a very good fly caster and was rewarded

with 2 Brook trout the first was 17" and in the 2 1/4 lb. range. The 2nd one has a story to go with it, as she was casting her new Sage rod snapped and as it did a nice fish came up and missed her fly. We discarded the broken top half of the rod and she made one more cast, and as she started her

retrieve, a really nice fish hit her fly and the battle was on with half a rod. To make a long story short, she landed a 19 1/2", 3 1/2 lb. male brook trout. After much laughter and suprise we realeased this fish as we did the other one. The next morning in a different area she managed to flycast to some nice salmon, landing and releasing two. All in all it was a succesful week of fishing.

Tight lines, Ray