Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake Trolling

On Thursday I had a nice 3 generation trolling trip with 7 year old John, Michael (dad) and pop (grandad) they all caught fish with Michael catching the largest, about 3 lbs., John the smallest (released), and Pop losing one almost at the boat that was probably a good 5 lbs. plus. It was a good evening of fishing and it was nice to see families fishing together. Friday morning I fished with JoAnne and Tony and before I could get the 2nd rod in the water Tony had a fish on. He played the fish nicely and we netted a good 3 lb. salmon. I finally got 4 rods in the water and JoAnne had one on,she played the fish and we netted another salmon just a 1/2 inch smaller than Tony's. We continued fishing ,and as we did the wind shifted and came out of the east and that ended the feeding for the next hour. Wind from the east, fish bite the least. Fly fishing has slowed down now as the water warms but fishing the ponds at the right time can still be productive if you know where the spring holes are. Have a good week.

tight lines, Ray