Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Current "Fishing Stuff"

Fishing continues . . . but I'm not sure it's as good as it was area wide. There's no question that there has been a drop-off of the pond fishing in several areas, but I don't see that as all bad, given the lateness of the season already. Caddis hatches continue to be obvious and significant, plus the continued presence of small sulfur mayflies (#16's, or so) and the occassional Hex/Drake. John Mitton reported reasonable fishing still at Upper Dam where the flow is presently 710 cfs. He also said he thought the flow at the Magalloway was WELL over the posted 320 cfs, with water coming over the dam. Never completely able to depend on those reports from FP&L It looks like the summer fishing will be pretty strong on the tailwater fisheries, since we still have excellent water reserves, and if you're in to playing hunches, I'd bet on a solid/early start to fishing in the Kennebago River for the spawning fish in late August and early September. Hope everyone has a great week. Nice to have Jack Terrill and family up for a couple weeks, as I always get great feedback on the fishing around the whole area