Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Area Fishing

Fishing in the area has been inconsistent at best. Trout and salmon have moved into the deeper, cooler water. Still Caddis and may fly hatches on both ponds and moving water. Cloudy, overcast days and evenings are certainly the best. Have seen a few hexes. The fish seem a little reluctant to come to the surface to pick these off w/high surface water temps. I'm sure they're gorging themselves on the nymphs. Rivers and streams have subsided after some heavy thunderstorms hit the area. The cool weather the past few days effects the shallower ponds and the rivers quickly therefore making water temps more to the fishes likings. They warm up just as fast though. All in all should be a better than average July. Stop wishin and get fishin! Reggie, Kennebago River Kamps

Re: Rangeley Area Fishing

reggie...not sure if you got my phone message regarding availability on your river kamps through september???interested in october also...talk to you soon.mark moberg 207-761-1923

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Fishing in the area has been inconsistent at best. Trout and salmon have moved into the deeper, cooler water. Still Caddis and may fly hatches on both ponds and moving water. Cloudy, overcast days and evenings are certainly the best. Have seen a few hexes. The fish seem a little reluctant to come to the surface to pick these off w/high surface water temps. I'm sure they're gorging themselves on the nymphs. Rivers and streams have subsided after some heavy thunderstorms hit the area. The cool weather the past few days effects the shallower ponds and the rivers quickly therefore making water temps more to the fishes likings. They warm up just as fast though. All in all should be a better than average July. Stop wishin and get fishin! Reggie, Kennebago River Kamps