Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
upper Androscoggin River

Upper Androscoggin River report

Water temp. 72.26 F Flow rate 1770 CFS @ MEAD WESTVACO in Rumford

I want to thank all the people who gave feed back about the fishing reports. Most were totally positive asking for more of the same. One was polite constructive criticism. The first one that I got was a personal attack. The person who wrote it did not sign his name. He basically called me a liar. I stand behind all I have written when I sign my Name to it!

He and his friends catch big fish on 4 and 5 wt rods all the time and that I am a proud ass who demeaned his clients.

Well, lets see, The Androscoggin is a wide and deep River in places where a five or six wt. Rod would be a better choice than a three wt. Can you catch big fish on lighter wt. Rod and line combo. SURE! I can also shoot a Moose dead with a 22 short, but it doesn’t mean It’s the Right tool for the Game. That was the point. As for demeaning clients that was not my intent and maybe I should not of used that observation in the report. As for beening proud ? Yes, I am but it comes from working hard to learn more about the river, Fishing in general and the food chain so that I do a better job to help clients catch fish and enjoy a beatiful section of a GREAT MAINE RESOURCE!!!

The upper river is still producing some nice fish. working the holes late evening can get you both Browns and Rainbows.

I am now seeing more and more big small mouthed Bass in the upper section. Some in the 16” to !7” inch class so it’s anybodies guess what will come to net when you feel the strike and see the Jump!!! A man should believe in something… I believe I’ll go fishing!