Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Lake Guide fish report

A busy week on the Lake for me with several happy clients enjoying the fishing on Rangeley. Monday started with Mike and his son and nephew from Missouri, we caught eight salmon, all average fish in the 1.5 to 2.5 range and all were released but two. Monday night we caught and released 8 salmon with Mike and Mike from New Jersey. Mike rented a boat from Dockside Sports and used the techniques he has learned in the past two years to catch fish the rest of the week.

Tuesday I fished with my youth group from the Baptist Church, I rigged a pontoon boat and took 8 boys out and we caught 4 salmon that morning, I wish I could have gotten all of them a fish but that’s fishing.

Wednesday started with Tony and Al from Conn. who happen to be tournament bass fisherman, we caught six salmon and one brookie with all being released except Al’s salmon that you can see in the photo gallery. I enjoyed their company very much for the two mornings, the evenings were so rough we just couldn’t get out on the water and be safe much less productive.

The best fish of the week came on Friday morning with Mike Balonis and Craig from Cape Cod, a 5 pound native female on a fly rod really made Mike’s morning as well as three other salmon with one being 3.5 lbs. Their fish are also in the photo gallery.

Jason Winfield put together the 9th annual hiking, camping, fishing trip for four of his friends. Mark, Jeff, Steve, and of course Barry, these guys were a lot of fun and they enjoyed a beautiful morning and evening on the Lake with everyone catching fish and a few of the fish heading for Jeff’s campfire to be enjoyed while Barry sings Kumbaiya, what an enjoyable week it was, Thanks to everyone for the great company.

Shaun