Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
upper Androscoggin River

ANDROSCOGGIN RIVER REPORT

Water temp 72.12 F Flow rate 2383 @ Mead Westvaco in Rumford

Last week I got an E-mail from Dan Tarkinson, Web Master for www.flyfishinginmaine.com saying that he was contacted by a number of people complaining that I was being too specific with information about the upper Androsoggin river OR MORE TO THE POINT HOW TO FISH IT.

The first thing that comes to mind is that I should have been contacted NOT THE WEB MASTER! If anyone has a problem with what is written by me or anyone else they should voice their concern directly to that person. I write for several E-Magazines and this is the first negative feedback I have gotten. I have an e-mail address and would enjoy the response from readers.

I would like to get an overview from all the people who read the fishing reports. What do you want? What makes the reports good or enjoyable to read? Having someone verbally generalize about any subject would seem pointless. What surprised me is… most of my clients don’t take the knowledge I pass on to them seriously. If they don’t catch a fish right off the bat

they will change to something else usually something easier to cast or fish dry flys with not a single insect on the surface. I have fished this river for forty years. No one knows how to fish it better than I do.

You the readers tell me what you want to see in print. I’ll go with the majority view and take it from there.

The fishing for trout on the river has slowed down with the hot weather, But the Bass fishing has been GREAT lately. I had a party out two days ago and we had at least three smallies that were over three plus pounds! We caught over thirty fish in a five mile float. We used crankbaits and had a lot of fun!!!

“A man should believe in something…I believe I’ll go fishing!”

Re: upper Androscoggin River

SIr, I read your latest report about being to specific.

I grew up in Mexico and remember the Andro. as an open sewer in the 70s. I never considered fishing it untill reading your reports. My 13 year old son and I flyfished in front of bear and wild rivers 2 weeks ago. Excelent fishing!!!. We caught Brookies, Browns and Rainbows ( my boys first Rainbows ). All fish released alive. The water quality was far better than I expected. In closing I say to hell with the complainers and thank you for the info.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

ANDROSCOGGIN RIVER REPORT

Water temp 72.12 F Flow rate 2383 @ Mead Westvaco in Rumford

Last week I got an E-mail from Dan Tarkinson, Web Master for www.flyfishinginmaine.com saying that he was contacted by a number of people complaining that I was being too specific with information about the upper Androsoggin river OR MORE TO THE POINT HOW TO FISH IT.

The first thing that comes to mind is that I should have been contacted NOT THE WEB MASTER! If anyone has a problem with what is written by me or anyone else they should voice their concern directly to that person. I write for several E-Magazines and this is the first negative feedback I have gotten. I have an e-mail address and would enjoy the response from readers.

I would like to get an overview from all the people who read the fishing reports. What do you want? What makes the reports good or enjoyable to read? Having someone verbally generalize about any subject would seem pointless. What surprised me is… most of my clients don’t take the knowledge I pass on to them seriously. If they don’t catch a fish right off the bat

they will change to something else usually something easier to cast or fish dry flys with not a single insect on the surface. I have fished this river for forty years. No one knows how to fish it better than I do.

You the readers tell me what you want to see in print. I’ll go with the majority view and take it from there.

The fishing for trout on the river has slowed down with the hot weather, But the Bass fishing has been GREAT lately. I had a party out two days ago and we had at least three smallies that were over three plus pounds! We caught over thirty fish in a five mile float. We used crankbaits and had a lot of fun!!!

“A man should believe in something…I believe I’ll go fishing!”