Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing report

This past week has seen me on Kennebago Lake with a good friend and long term client George Schumacher. Now, George is 90 years old this week and drives over from Burlington Vt. to stay at Grants Camps so as to be convenient to the action. Although George has many limiting factors which allow him to only get to the water during the middle part of any day, he has been successful with catching both salmon and trout on each outing. This is quite a feat as the weather has been for the most part very bright and HOT. None- the-less, just the fact that at the age of ninety, he has the gumption to continue to pursue this activity. Look to my photo gallery soon to see George pursue his passion, and you too should come on up to catch the fly fishing fever.

P.S. Hopefully I will be sending the photo within the next day or so.