Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Lake Guide fish report

Another good week of fishing with friends and just plain enjoying all Rangeley Lake fishing has to offer.

I had the pleasure of fishing with George and Laura Harperinck from Ohio who have been coming for years. We planned on a morning trip but that thunder and rain event we all remember kept us off the water until the evening. We caught 6 salmon that evening and George and Laura kept one to eat while they are here and one to enjoy with friends in Ohio. Thanks for the great company guys.

The next morning was with Woody the Grandfather and his three grandsons, everyone got to land a fish and a couple more before we got chased off the water by thunder and lightning (again) after it passed we went back out and had doubles at one point of which we landed one and lost the other. One of the boys kept a nice 3.5 lb salmon and for some strange reason I didn’t get a photo, but I did get a photo of George and Laura’s fish, go to the gallery and check them out.