Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Androscoggin River Report

Androscoggin River report

water temp 51.26 flow rate 4605 C.F.S. @ Mead paper in Rumford on May 23rd.

For those of you who have not had an opportunity to fish Maine’s upper Androscoggin River yet you are missing an excellent chance for a Great fishing experience!

The river is now starting to produce some nice fish!

I guided several days last week and last evening, as well. We had mixed results. My party Wednesday and Thursday caught and released twenty fish from 13” up to two that went three pounds! Thursday evening I guided another party that took Three trout in an hour and a half the smallest was 15” and the largest 18.”

The weather was steadily getting colder and windy with snow and sleet squalls hitting off and on. The fishing went down hill with the weather. My third party were novice fly fisherman and took only two fish in a day and a half. The biggest was two pounds.

Yesterday evening on a four hour float with a novice fly fisherman we only took one fish about 15”. We worked on nymph fishing and got on a section on River with a light hatch. Spinners were over the water in fair numbers and fish were working the surface.

The weather was good with only a nuisance wind-causing problems. The sunset was GREAT TO BEHOLD!

I love my job!