Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fishing report

I wish I was doing this amidst an incredible hatch of flying black ants, but such is not the case. In fact the only "real" hatch thus far has been those pesky "White Millers", you know, the kind that hatch all winter and have to be shoveled! In any event, the area fishing is challenging due to the inclement conditions, although there have been a few folks who have had some modest luck. However, with temps supposedly getting back to the 70's by mid-week there is a real chance of some great holiday weekend fishing. If I were a betting man I'd like my chances with some flying ants if it warms to that level. If so, try Quimby Pond for sure. Rivers are still high and cold, and the tailwaters at Upper Dam are the most promising because Middle Dam is up to 2000 cfs and the Magalloway is still above 1000 cfs. Give a call or stop by and we'll do all we can to get you on some fish