Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley fishing

Some great days on the lake the last couple of weeks and for the most part the fish cooperated. Fishing with Josh Newhall we managed to land a trophy salmon that weighed 5lbs 2oz on the 30th of July. He was also fortunate to win the largest fish for July at River’s Edge and he is anxious to spend his winnings. Plenty of good salmon in the 3 to 4 lb range coming more often now than earlier in the season. I caught two particular salmon this week that were 2000 hatchery fish and weighed 3.10 and 4 lbs even, that’s 20 plus ounces per year of growth. Growth rates like that will get you an 8 lb salmon. I am also encouraged with the smelt population I am seeing, plenty of big schools below 50ft.
Several enjoyable trips catching up with returning clients this week . Another good salmon for Conner and his Mom as well as a 16” trout. If you go to the photo gallery you will see Conner as well many other happy clients with their catch.
See you out there,
Shaun