Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region

Check our Maine fishing forum for fishing reports from Registered Maine Guides and Fishing Tackle Shops in the Rangeley Lakes Region of Western Maine. The Rangeley Lakes Region is a four reason resort area reknown for fly fishing and trolling for trophy size Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout.

Maine Fishing Reports from The Rangeley Lakes Region
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rangeley Lakes Region Fishing

There have been some very good days of fishing since my last report. A very nice couple from N.J. were with me on Rangeley Lake during the week of July 14th and had good fishing with one morning boating 7 salmon and 2 trout, none were record breakers but the salmon were up to 19", great fun. The same couple accompanied me on a fly fishing trip only to be tossed around on another lake by gale winds. I gave a fly casting lesson to a gentleman from Massachusetts and then went to a little pond up in the mountains and we boated 71 trout from 6 to 9" - great experience and fun for the new fly fisherman! On Sunday and Monday of this week the wind blew so hard that my morning party and my evening party were both blown off the lake after 1 hour, so Thursday evening we finished our evening and caught 2 salmon. One 4 1/2 lb., and another that was 4 lbs. A nice evening spent with a father and 2 of his sons, 11 and 12 years old. Very excited. We will be finishing up our A.M. shortened trip on Saturday. See the pictures coming soon in my photo gallery (web site link in this posted forum message).
Tight Lines, Ray